Vion rises from tier 4 to tier 3 in global benchmark on animal welfare policy
3 February 2017 – Monday 23 January the report Business Benchmark on Farm Animal Welfare (BBFAW) was published. The report is an initiative of Compassion in World Farming (CIWF), World Animal Protection (WAP) and investment company Coller Capital. The report presents the results of the 2016 Benchmark findings, in which 99 global food companies were assessed on their quality of management and disclosure on farm animal welfare.
The report uses six tier levels:
- Integral to business strategy
- Established but work to be done
- Making progress on implementation
- On the business agenda but limited evidence of implementation
- No evidence that it is on the business agenda
Vion rose from tier 4 to tier 3.